View Single Post
Old 2010-12-12, 00:01   Link #24
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post
Either that or the bureaucrats figure it's "good enough" or "hey it's worked for this long why change it" atitude! They'll spend billions on carriers or new fighters but not one red cent on a new rifle, the very basic weapon used in a fight! Plus new tech manuals, training, and equipment.
Here's a new one. Which do you prefer; Semi automatic pistol or Revolver for general use and self defence?
Revolvers are more reliable, however they have a much lower capacity. I prefer a good semi-auto because of the slim size, and the ability to get off twice the shots without reloading. Someone else might prefer the revolver due to it's simplicity and feel they don't need the additional shots. With semi-autos like the Glock, the reliability issue seems to blur a bit as they are considered the AK of semi-auto handguns.

Oh and Linda, if Soldiers are complaining about range past 500 yards, believe me, our Soldiers have the distance and accuracy advantage tenfold over anyone using a standard AK. Accurate those guns generally aren't. They do take abuse better than our M16 design I will give them that...
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote