Thread: Licensed K (Anime project)
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-07, 07:29   Link #1447
mistress_kisara

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusuriuri View Post
I agree completely.

Perhaps I worded it strangely? Personally, I believe non-shippers are able to look at canon the most objectively. Canon says that Izumo is old friends with Mikoto, and has a companionship in private with Seri. It also says that Seri admires Reisi a lot, and that anko tower she made for him was with 'much love and affection'. (Again, that's from GoRA's twitter)

But for some reason, Tsuda Kenjirou-san (Mikoto's voice actor) implied that Mikoto x Izumo is canon, and this sent Japanese fans into a frenzy. Hence why the two of them are known as Homra's official married couple in the Japanese fandom.

This is fanservice, obviously, the same way that Mikoto x Reisi and Saru x Misaki is fanservice.

And it's interesting that you mentioned Seri's chara song, actually, because it's kinda funny how rabid that shippers can get about something they don't like. I mean, yeah, it's obvious she's talking about Reisi, (I mean, the word BLUE is in the frickin title), but who ever said it had to be romantic? And yet people who ship her with Izumo were insisting that she was talking about Izumo...

I don't see why people can't just take canon for how it is. Sigh.
I think this happened in Sengoku Basara as well the voice actors of Date Masamune and Yukimura Sanada were practically canon
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote