Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2009-12-28, 14:49   Link #5241
Cipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
he was both.

Cao Cao was a very good ruler and the people in Wei prosper under his rule but he was ambitious and more then willing wash his hands in blood if he thought it was necessary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
He is amoral to anyone outside of his governance. If it wasn't for Zhuge Liang, he would have beaten Liu Bei and Sun Quan hands down and enslaved them.

According to the Three Kingdoms original novella, he buried the head of his enemy Guan Yu with the rites of a Marquis. If this is true, he certainly deserves his place in the history as the most cunning yet honorable politician amongst all.

OT : I kind of feel guilty swearing at my Chinese teacher 7 years back in school for teaching us these "irrelevant facts that has no pertaining use to our futures".
Like every other wei-jin ruler, he had +'s and -'s. He wasn't the only "warlord". Surrender was always an option but no ruler came through. I just thought that he was less "mean" that he's currently portrayed as. boldly, i say he might've shown more compassion than liu bei. I'm not sure about any historic evidences though....accounts of his actions might show something but this new discovery might give better light. that is if its confirmed...