View Single Post
Old 2016-10-15, 03:41   Link #30
Rasty

Code:
 日本では犬などのペットを殴れば動物虐待になる。
 だが豚や牛を屠殺するのは犯罪にはならない。
Beating a pig or cattle is animal abuse too. On the other hand killing a dog isn't. The point is not to cause unnecessary pain. Killing animals (you own) is not really forbiden. So speaking from the perspective of law there is no difference between livestock and pets.

Code:
 「まあヤギの肉は不味いからよほどのことがない限り食べることはないよ。
牛は大切な労働力だしね。そうならないためにも農業を頑張ろう」
Not really. Goat meat is quite tasty. The trick is you have to eat it while it's still hot. Once it starts getting cold it have strong aftertaste. Well the goat being small is the only problem. Except for latting it mate once in a while (it dies otherwise) and milking it there is little work with goats, so they are good to start with.
On the other hand ox meat is rather hard to eat, especially if the animal was working hard in fields, so I think this one should be avoided as for taste. By the way, aren't bulls rather dangerous? Would the children be OK? Actually it's alos possible to plow with a cow, it's not like cows are exactly weak. That's what most middleage farmers were doing. Cows are much less dangerous than bulls and they give milk + calf.

Code:
 それにしても一か月で掛け算とか異常な速度だな。
Eh, really? I remember learning it in 4 years. I was bored so my mother gave me a paper with something like:
Code:
(I think 2 of these) and the same for substraction, it took me about ten minutes to figure out... was I strange?

Last edited by Rasty; 2016-10-15 at 04:57.
Rasty is online now   Reply With Quote