View Single Post
Old 2007-05-20, 13:35   Link #33
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konata-chan View Post
And a good thing about the raws too is that you don't have to see cluttering Japanese text scrolling about. Raws came by so fast and download so fast that I was able to transition to the actual raw instead of watching it on nicovideo several minutes to the end. And as for enka, it is a distinct music class on its own, as explained by the instructor who's teaching a class about the types of music in Japan. It's a really fun class.

Spoiler for Episode 7 discussion:

Once again, my Japanese only caught bits and pieces. Patiently waiting for the sub.
All of these references are from Kadokawa Shoten media or Public Domain, which leads me to believe that they are trying to minimize expenses on copyright royalties. As a result however the pool of actual straight up references is quite limited as I don't think things extend to shows that were adapted to manga (Eureka Seven, Code Geass, Brain Powered etc). They might be able to do a Crossbone Gundam reference though without having to censor, but I don't know.

Also Konata's dad didn't say anything because men aren't allowed to talk anymore in these kinds of shows (Why do you think Akira gets annoyed everytime what's his face says something). He should be grateful that he was allowed to even appear in the episode and should remember his place.