View Single Post
Old 2008-11-01, 01:58   Link #36
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by anselfir View Post
i usually avoid supernatural premised stories because of the inane spiritualism and deux ex machina "plot", but for some reason the manga has been pretty tolerable on that front. it has a mix of ambiguity and some hint at thematic variety, or perhaps im just burning through it looking for any zange appearance.
On Zenge side, things are quite clear - Zenge is the goddess control Hakua's body while Hakua herself is more than willing to let Zenge do. Just Nagi's case is a total mess.

Must say I agree with you. Nagi is kind of your average heroine in such manga - play great but actually has no idea who herself is, relying on a human boy whom is found random (at least it seems random at beginning, but they can always become the Mr. deux ex machina).

Zenge is a different story. She looks the evil-at-beginning-but-will-turn-good-later-and-become-a-member-in-a-hopeless-harem type girl, but she indeed not. Zenge flirts, but just for fun, she doesn't fall for the human boy. She may seem stupid and embrassed sometime, but she is independent and capable to deal with things alone. I call this a better form for down to earth goddess.

Last edited by herbert; 2008-11-01 at 02:10.
herbert is offline   Reply With Quote