View Single Post
Old 2011-04-14, 13:58   Link #22632
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
It depends on what you mean by "events". If you're asking if he sees what actually happens on Rokkenjima then I can't answer that. He can see what the game master wants him to see.
She comments directly on it, so yea.

Quote:
I still am not totally enlightened about the Meta-world though. I guess I should ask the main question I have about it:

Am I supposed to see it's plot only as a means for hints on the game board, or do I need to keep track of the magical plot in it? Like for example, should I ignore the fight between Will and Bernkastel, and only listen to what Bernkastel told Ange about what happened after Eva left the island as a clue? My main problem with that is Bernkastel and Lambdadelta, what about them? Are they ''not real'' as well?

Erika said to Beatrice: ''Well, alternate dimensions like this are actually becoming common in detective novels'', and then Beatrice says ''(forgot the name) doesn't make his debut until next year''.

And then there's the whole part where child-Ange is crying and Battler comes to tell her the story of ''what really happened'' (end of EP 7), this just really confused me. When did this happen?

Was Bernkastel's torture of Ange just a metaphor for kids bullying her in the aftermath of Rokkenjima's tragedy? Is a different form of Ange living in a different dimension(meta world), and the real Ange living in the real world, and BATTLER was telling the story to Meta-Ange, who has nothing to do with the Ange of the real world?
Was the whole court of illusions just a metaphor for Erika pinning Natsuhi as the culprit? Or are both scenes true, just the court of illusions scenario happening in a different dimension?

Stuff like that, basically.
Honestly, it doesn't MATTER if any of that happened or not. The Meta-World is metaphorical and metafictional. Don't worry about the literal content so much as the metaphorical content (Will's and Bernkastel's battle being an editorial fight over whether or not the Lion character should have a happy ending or not, for instance).

@R-Prime: Basically everything we've read about the Rokkenjima Incident is a story or manuscript that was read or written by characters like Ange or Hachijou. Therefore, there has to theoretically be a "Rokkenjima Prime" that is none of these "worlds" and is the actual truth of what happened. Whether or not the 1998(s) we've seen is part of Rokkenjima Prime is debatable.