Thread: Crunchyroll Saint Seiya Omega
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-28, 21:03   Link #351
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
It could be that he was the Capricorn gold saint BEFORE Shura, retired his position due to old age and found a successor ie passed his position to Shura, and was invited to come back to take on his current job because everyone worthwhile/had knowledge died during the war with Hades.

It's completely possible that there was at least a couple more generations of saints between the twice previous holy war (one which Dohko, Shion fought in) and the last one (the one Seiya fought), after all those two wars were 243 years apart.....
That's a good explanation. I think the general consensus is that Saints starts young but they also die young. Those who actually get to retire are probably in the minority. Ionia could be Shura's master's master given his age.

I expect this new generation of Saints to be weaker at the start compared to the previous generation. The previous generation where trained by the Gold and Silver saints while the new generation are being trained by scrubs of the past. I can't wait to see the how they stack up to Hyoga and Ikki.

Oh and I'm not sure if anybody asked, but who is the Pope right now

Do we even have a Pope?