View Single Post
Old 2010-06-15, 13:22   Link #11074
Oliver
Back off, I'm a scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
Ange was told the police found Eva there when they got to the island. Why the police were going to the island I'm not sure about, but it could suggest Eva was trapped there for some time, unable to leave the island... or that Captain Kawabata immediately notified authorities. If the disaster was substantial enough, I'm sure he called the police as soon as he got close to the island and saw it.
Actually, even if it wasn't substantial, Kawabata would be the one calling the police, because he would be the first one to see the damage, whatever the real extent of it is, and the guy with the working radio -- he would be arriving as soon as weather permits to retrieve all the busy company presidents for whom Monday 6th is a work day. The moment he calls the police is only different by a few hours depending on the extent of the damage, that is, from how far can he see it and whether he needs to disembark to see it.

Now, once it's clear there are no survivors, the only one who can remember Kuwadorian exists and may contain someone is once again Kawabata. Interestingly, he still says he has never seen Kuwadorian, even though he would be the one shuttling a team to the second port, as the only man present who knows where it is.

Why didn't he go with them?...

This link has been determined hazardous for the spoiler averse
by the Department of Education.
(updated 2010-08-24)
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote