View Single Post
Old 2011-05-25, 13:32   Link #217
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araxiel View Post
One could make the perfectly legitimate point that having the majority of the main characters' characterisation hidden away in an 'Episode Zero' that didn't seem to be on general release is an awful, awful way to avoid them seeming undeveloped.
Characterization wasn't the right word, I meant back story. It's not like they act any differently in the series, Epizode Zero just explains why they are the way they are. As such one can't say that there's no depth to the characters, it's just that the explanation is missing. After all, Duo wears no less priest clothes in the series, Episode Zero or no.
Also, as far as I know their back stories were supposed to be animated but production was a mess, so they didn't. If one considers that we get the actual second opening of GW one episode before the finale, I believe it's true. There are also more than enough nods to Episode Zero before episodes 27 and 28 (where it was supposed to be). As such, I'd argue it not seeming to be on general release. Heck, we even get nods to it in EW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
But awesome grunt model kits aside, every time I watch Wing (which is very rare), I wanted to beat the fu@%#^$ @#%! out of Heero. That kid frustrates me to no end. SHOW SOME LIFE mutha@#%*$&!!!!
Spoiler for in response:

And he loves throwing hissy fits. "I shouldn't have opened my parachute!", "Why can't I kill her?!", "This was a miserable mission! I totally messed up!" :V
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote