Thread: Licensed Kamisama Dolls
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-20, 13:15   Link #223
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
I read between the lines on that one ...the series needs to stop putting in so many Utao scenes.
After episode 03, I kinda lined up all the negative comments under "Utao", but at some point the assumption has to stop. The vagueness of posts are a clear magnet for misinterpretation, but really, was the Utao cake scenes in ep 03 really so deplorable?

Considering that scene wasn't just showing Utao, I viewed it as the kind of life Kyohei wants to live. That slice of his life he left the village for. This in turn was a good build-up to the scene when he runs into Aki, while he was on his way to meet the girls. Aki really put him on the spot about that, so much as to specifically target Hibino just to boil him over. So in my opinion, Utao's cake scenes weren't exactly a waste, especially since the second half of ep 03 turned serious, I honestly don't think Utao's going to have cake on her mind next ep, considering that telepathic SMS she received. Heck, she may even train seriously now, or who knows, maybe there's no more time to train.
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote