View Single Post
Old 2012-06-05, 17:26   Link #77
Akka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri View Post
What surprises me so far in this poll is that physical attributes (genetics, gender issues, relatives) beyond an individuals control matter more than life (style) choices like criminal behavior, obesity, political views etc.

If the partner is a criminal, racist, extremist, slouch seems to be less of a taboo for dating than being related or having gender issues.
It doesn't surprise me. It's about "turn off", not about "judging the morality of an attribute".
Would you seriously be less disgusted to bang a thief than your own mother ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
This option really is dominating the poll.... and I didn't expect that when i put it in.
Really ?
I mean, you're talking about someone who isn't even a real girl.
Not only it's a sure turn-off for someone who is straight (supposing you're straight yourself, would you sleep with a guy ?), but on top of that it's not even, well, "natural" if you see what I mean. That's akin with sleeping with a half-man mutant. Seems rather logical that this and the blood relatives would be the worst situations by far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
I thought ex-terrorists will immediately got lots of hatred votes, hence have to add yakuza/ mercenaries in. But it seemed AS community is far from being prejudiced.
I think it's rather because the other options are just several scales higher in the turn-off classification.
I wouldn't be thrilled by a criminal, at all. Neither by a cheating girl. But with the insane stuff included in the other options, this look very, very tame by comparison. It's a matter of perspective.

Last edited by Akka; 2012-06-05 at 17:38.
Akka is offline   Reply With Quote