View Single Post
Old 2010-05-21, 00:12   Link #10373
Realus

I'll limit my disagreements to your theory, I don't want to re-read your theory and pick apart everything that I disagree with.

Although I will say, it seems like you are opposite of most people. Most almost ignore the fantasy scenes, and only rely on Battler's perspective + Red Truth. You seem to trust in the fantasy scenes a good deal. That's an interesting change of pace.
(I myself trust Battler/Red. And think all Fantasy represent something in one way or another)

Anyway...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkin Battler View Post
I Episode: Legend of the Golden Witch

I twilight: Beatrice with the help of other servants kills all the people who were in mansion and were not sleeping...

IV-IX Twilight: ... Then she went to the parlor where she killed Nanjo, Kumasawa and Genji ...

II Episode: Turn of the Golden Witch

IV-V-VI-VII-VIII Twilight: metaBeatrice said that Kanon was dead in this room in red and told to humanBeatrice to oblige the servants to lie about Kanon ... Then Beatrice kill Shannon, Gohda and George in Natsuhi’s room ...
You list a way how it can be done.

But for what reason is Beato enlisting the help of the servants, and then just killing them?
That does not seem like a likely behavior for one to take. She'd need a reason somewhere, which I do not think I have read in your two (one, and the other reiteration) explanations.

------- (Below won't take quotes, too lazy to locate, then copy+paste)

I will also comment on the Beato viewings in the Question Arcs:

Episode 2:
Genji + Rosa were lying about Kinzo. They can lie about Beato.
Maria can be fooled, look at her believe of magic.
Kyrie. This is the one a little unbelievable. I don't have an explanation for this one.
My best shot for Kyrie, is that she lied in Episode 4, to Battler specifically. So she must have had a reason to lie that time. It's not that unbelievable for her to lie again.

Episode 4:
Battler saw her, sure. But wasn't it:
- Late at night (Dark, Limit Vision)
- Raining (Obscure Vision)
- Kinzo's Balcony on the 3rd Story (Distance, Limit Vision)
It's very easy to believe Battler was fooled about the identity of this "Beato" (In disguise?)

I will also say, there's no proof there isn't, or is a extra person "Beatrice" on the island.
Although, you'd have to fight against the 17 person limit.

------------

I will say, I do like the ideas of: "the identities of all UNIDENTIFIED corpses are guaranteed." (I normally look at it with the emphasis on "Corpses")
Also: Starting when Maria's key was received, and until the instant Rosa unsealed it the next day, it passed through no one's hands! (Since the "next day" can come pretty quickly after the fantasy scene in the chapel. )

But I highly disagree on: "In short, no kind of human or dead person on the island could have killed Kanon!"
I do not believe this is worded in any way to say 'during the 5th twilight, Kanon was not killed by a human or dead person'. There just doesn't seem to be any time limit constraint on the red.
I'd like to think this either means the killer isn't on the island (If you go for the killed before the game started theory), or he was killed by another method.
[Edit] Oh right, and the solution that he didn't die at that time. [/Edit]

------------

Oh, and I really just see the 'Shannon is killed pre-fourth game, Kanon is actually alive.' theory, as just a way to fit in the red claiming he's the 9th victim.

If you have to add a tiny appendage to make the rest of your theory fit, I don't think your on the right track.
(Which, while some points sound valid, I don't think it's the correct theory by a long shot. IMO of course)

... Actually, since I'm bringing up Shkannon topics, for what reason at all; does Beatrice want to give the illusion of Shannon + Kanon?
Even more, why does she want to make this illusion, when Shannon + Kanon both exist?
Even more, why does she kill Kanon (Or in one case Shannon), just to make the other disguise themselves as the other during the game?

It seems rather pointless for her to make this Shkannon illusion, unless I missed something in your theory.

===========

Just my 2cents.

Last edited by Realus; 2010-05-21 at 00:51.
Realus is offline   Reply With Quote