View Single Post
Old 2012-03-01, 21:28   Link #769
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post
It makes sense that having two votes makes vote-splitting a meaningless concept. If a voter is splitting his vote, then he's probably not really that loyal a series voter anyways. In fact, it also kinda makes sense that it would attract block-voting; that's how it works in JSaimoe, in any case.

I thought like you in the beginning. But I've been proved wrong time and time again by ignoring its effects in fantasy predictions. It was, in fact, the first and foremost glaring mistake I made.

Sorry Triple R, but what makes sense is not always what is reality, what should probably happen is not always what happens. The stats speak louder than anything.
Then please point out specific stats proving your case.

All I'm seeing so far from you and Team Rocket Elite is very much disputable conjecture and interpretation. If you have stats proving your case, then put it out there, and let us all evaluate it.

Quote:
Your only significant argument against this is that they've gotten weaker,
Which is an entirely viable explanation. It also is a much simpler and less convoluted explanation, hence arguably doing better with Occam's Razor than the argument that you and Team Rocket Elite are making.

Quote:
but come now, it's only been several days; unless you can argue with a straight face that Kanade has the potential to be beaten by an Idolm@ster girl (sorry if I'm stepping on anyone's shoes here )
There wasn't an Idolm@ster girl in Nova 0, so what point are you trying to make here?

It only makes sense that if you have highly unusual 12-way matches between many popular girls that this will eat into the support of all the participants, and likely bring about some unusual results simply due to vote splitting in general. Not everybody who regularly votes for Kanade has her as his/her top girl, or even 2nd favorite girl. So when Kanade goes up against a lot of other popular girls, she suffers from it just like everybody else does, as a lot of her support is whittled down closer to her core voters who have her as the top girl.

Series faction voting may well have nothing to do with it at all, and if your contention is that it does have something to do with it, then please put forward some specific case studies along with clear stats proving your case.

I'm open to reconsidering my stance, but not based on conjecture and interpretation alone.