View Single Post
Old 2013-03-27, 00:46   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 703 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

It's that time of the week again, guys! Credit goes to Aohige and the other fellows at AP for the summary:

-Chapter title is "waiting room". No ministory this week though, since we get a color page instead.

-The thug Luffy and Franky are interrogating explains that it's impossible for two of the same type of devil fruit to exist at the same time. However, as soon as a fruit user dies, their power reappears somewhere else in the world. Luffy says he wants to take back his brother's fruit and even offers to let Franky eat it, but the cyborg refuses, as he has no desire to lose the ability to swim. Luffy says he himself can't eat it as he's already a rubber man, but he nonetheless refuses to let any other stranger take Ace's old power. Franky is certain that Dofla is using the fruit as bait for a trap, but is willing to go to the colosseum anyway, as this is too good an opportunity to pass up.....

-Meanwhile, Sanji is still chasing the "fairy" thief with Zoro, but ends up getting distracted by some flamenco dancers. He also happens to capture the attention of one of the dancers, a girl named Violet. It turns out that she's being chased by the local authorities for stabbing a man, and wants Sanji to protect her. Naturally, the lady's charms end up causing him another nosebleed. She claims to be falling in love with him, and asks him to kill a certain man for her.......

-At the colosseum, there's a one-legged toy soldier causing trouble, who is also being chased by cops. After evading the authorities and threatening them that hurting him in the Donquixote family's private estate would land THEM in trouble, he runs into Luffy and Franky. After the meeting, Luffy registers under the name Lucy and goes to the waiting room with the other warriors. One of them makes fun of "Lucy" and starts picking a fight with him, but the supernova instantly thrashes him with one hit!

Sounds like a fun chapter. While under regular circumstances I'd worry that this would give the "Logia for Straw-Hats crowd" more ammunition for their cause, we actually had two of the members (one of them the captain, no less) outright reject the idea of eating the fruit themselves. So up yours, Logia crowd!

Anyways, a woman manipulating Sanji into becoming a murderer is..... something new, I suppose. And I wonder if that one toy soldier will participate in the tournament. I DID say before that I could see one or two of those guys becoming a potential arc boss....