View Single Post
Old 2008-10-25, 22:06   Link #1051
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
I also hate how I try to understand WHY people gank and that makes me a carebear. I mean, I KNOW I can get ganked on a RPPvP (though when I played a year ago most Horde didn't. Except Rogues. They always seem to gank) but I just can't understand the WHY...

/ranting
People do it because they are jerks and want to make you mad. There's no need to try to look deeper into it, it really is that simple. You can definitely trust me on this since I'm one of the biggest pros at it. I've done it all - stunlocked lowbies so the mob finishes them off and they take a durability hit, kited dragons to the Darkmoon Faire which killed a bunch of people just standing around, kited Volchan to Stormwind and had him aoe the people dueling outside, camped same-faction lowbies in the middle of Orgrimmar with the fire nova totem exploit, etc.

And though I'd rather quit the game than ever play on an RP server of any kind, I guess that could be motivation to gank you too, that player's character might really hate your race or something.

If you really hate ganking though, I definitely recommend transferring to a PvE server (this is a real recommendation, not the typical "qq nub reroll pve lolol" crap). So-called "world pvp" barely exists and there's rarely any even fights, ganking is pretty much the main point. Yeah, there will probably be some large-scale world pvp shortly after Wrath releases, but it'll degenerate back to mostly ganking soon enough.

Strangely enough, despite me being a ganking jerk my main is actually now on a PvE and I don't regret it at all. (Though that's probably partly because I still have alts on PvP that I can go back and gank people with.) Got tired of always having to watch out for, uh, likeminded people when I just wanted to relax and play.

And to end on a completely random note, I cannot walk past the Stockade anymore without laughing, the npc guards and enemies that appear from the instance are all bugged and just stand in position repeatedly aggro'ing each other all day, have probably heard that ridiculous human aggro sound more times in a couple minutes there than in the rest of the 4 years I've been playing this horrible game.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote