View Single Post
Old 2004-04-16, 14:19   Link #13
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
Liquid--you're an inspiration!

Seriously, no sarcasm--you are an inspiration!

Now, this thread still has potential to turn into grade-A flame bait... but if you will entertain this thought for a moment...

What if we switched--perhaps for use of the name of a separate, hypothetical thread-- two words in your title? The words being "hate" and "like."

If, said switch were to occur, then the title would look like:
"Anime you like but everyone seems to hate"

In this hyphothetical topic then, a person would be free to talk about what he/she likes (in a positive manner), without going into a bash of "Man I hate this [Insert Title]," and perhaps voice his/her opinion (in the positive attitude of "like")--and perhaps convince others to like said title.--All the while not involving the usage of "I hate" because by using "I hate," one would effectively go outside the purview of this hypothetical thread. Thus needless flaming may be averted.

I realize human nature may inevitably lead us to a flame war in any given topic of discussion, but remedies are everywhere. I'm in no mood of starting a thread though... Maybe tonight.

Note: I actually have more thoughts on this... But am a little tired and need to do grocery shopping--like I said, perhaps tonight. I can go into concrete examples if you like, all in good time.