View Single Post
Old 2005-12-25, 14:36   Link #56
Linkthe1st
L33t Otaku M45t3r

ok so i said some things that are wrong MKV is not a codec it is a container but the MKV file size is still larger than a typical AVI i find. Aside from that i stand by the fact that ffdshow refuses to work with many video players and usually activates when using MKVs.

Also maybe i'm thinking to main stream for my own good but i understand and follow the general rule that the easier something is to use the more appealing it is to use and return to. So if you have to do something special for your PC to get it to run a file properly, some people will rather just look for another simpler file format. Staying with the easy to use idea, DLing another player is a little coumbersome and the classic WMP (i meant WMP2 vesion 6.4 my mistake i fixed it now) like i said has no on screen controls in full screen.

heck i don't care if you think i'm wrong i don't care if you like MKV or h.264 better i'm just saying that XviD is the easiest thing to use with the smallest work for everyone if you wnat to hunt for codecs or what you think are better options go on i do that myself. However like i said easy and simple for all is usually the bet way to go. but like i said before myabe i'm thinking to mainstream for my own good since this is not mainstream.
Linkthe1st is offline   Reply With Quote