Thread: Licensed Rose of Versailles
View Single Post
Old 2011-05-09, 11:51   Link #51
tyciol
*Artist

Well a lot of it is about genre. I think there's a gal or two like that in Legend of the Galactic Heroes as well.

Wasn't CCS full of these too? I should go check up Princess Knight.

By the way, if anyone wants to preview the files in LE's batch without downloading the .torrent and running it in one of their tracker's, I mirrored it on Nyaa.eu since it seems to be the popular site nowadays:

Edit: But some of the information (up/down/completed) doesn't display on Nyaa, maybe I did something wrong?

Also I was just doing some reading and there is more than the 40 eps according to wikipedia. After the anime ended on Sep3/80, there was an anime OVA called "The Rose and Women of Versailles" that came out on Sep10. It is my hope that if anyone ever translates this that we could also see it on the tracker. It is apparently a recap, but I've seen those up before.

There was also a film called http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lady_Oscar_(film) made in 79

Another called "Inochi arukagiri aishite" I don't know any info about beyond title and made in 87.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarokr View Post
Rose of Versailles and Oniisama E... share not only the same creator, the mangaka Ryoko Ikeda, but the same director on both series as well, the genius mind of Osamu Dezaki. If you enjoy these animations and its dramatic scenes, watch more of his other seventies anime series like Ashita No Joe, Ace Wo Nerae, Nobodys Boy Remi and Takarajima (I still haven't watched this one but I have huge expectations for it).
I've seen Ashita no Joe, it's indeed great. I've heart of Remi as well as Treasure Island (takara) but not of Ace Wo Nerae, so thanks for the rec will check it out.

Oh and it's neat to read about what actually happened during the revolution and some of the real people it's based on. The IRL Fersen was kinda hawt too:

I just finished ep 40... GOD. This is like the most depressing anime EVER.

What anime are similar to this? I thought LoGH was dark, or Higurashi, but those had light at the end of the tunnel. This anime just like... makes me hate humanity and democracy.

Anywho OMG there was actually a sequel to this manga http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eikou_n...2%80%93_Eroica but the Napolean sequel (which has 3 characters from RoV return) hasn't had an anime adaptation yet. That sucks I wish someone like World Masterpiece Theatre would do this, they did Les Miserables after all.

Rosalie is real and she comes back

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2012-09-12 at 13:09. Reason: Removed torrent link due to licensing.
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote