View Single Post
Old 2011-08-12, 21:22   Link #36
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
The vast majority of Republicans are not wealthy. That is a fact that you cannot deny. Republicans also arent out to punish the rich and raise their taxes to make thinga 'fair' for everyone else. Republican voters want equal opportunity, but not equal outcome. There is a big difference between the two. They dont care about class warfare. They are not voting Republican because they are looking for government help.
Oh? Are these the same people who say "get your government hands of my medicare?" Sorry to break it to you, but of course they want government help. Look at someone like Megyn Kelly even. Tirading against "liberal entitlement programs" and "welfare" and "handouts" for who knows how long...until she has a kid of her own, and suddenly greatly values maternal leave. That's the problem with the whole ideology: "if it doesn't affect me, it's the nanny state interfering. But if it does, it's vital for our civilization." Same with the politicians who bitch about earmarks and whatnot, then gladly accept federal funds (I believe Michelle Bachmann's husband's "business" takes Medicaid funds for god's sake).

And of course Repub politicians don't care about class warfare. They're winning it.

Quote:
It is your choice to understand reality or to ignore it. Just because you believe that you know better on what the 50 million Republican voters should want is very arrogant on your part. What you want and believe and advocate, is not what they want, believe, or advocate. Both sides view things very differently.
Multiple polls show Fox News viewers are the most consistently misinformed. Plus, the culture of today's GOP seems to be convincing people that what's good for corporations is good for everybody (see Mitt Romney's recent "corporations are people my friend"), which is just factually a load of horsecrap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
I dont believe in the Democratic Party's social policies either. I believe the majority of social issues should be handled by the states. Take gay marriage for example. I would not vote for a federal gay marriage ban. However i would support a state bill saying that marriage would be between a man and a woman, while allowing civil unions for gay couples. Infact i did just that by voting for prop 8 here in California several years ago.

I also hope to see roe v wade changed in the future, and again left the decisions to the states.

I do not support 99% of Democratic Policies and am very consistent on my beliefs.
Let me tell you where we'd be without all those social policies you claim to hate. The 1950, 1900s, or the 1890s. There.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote