Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2009-09-23, 21:37   Link #4061
CrossoverManiac
Come and drink my koolaid

Send a message via Yahoo to CrossoverManiac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
Sure it's probably a horribly simplified video, but I don't know, maybe it might be good to post a refutation from someone who doesn't have a video about how Al Gore is trying to bring about a world government through cap and trade policies. I mean sure that could be considered an ad hominium attack, but I believe it also addresses a fundamental issue, that the guy is nuts and does not have an informed opinion on environmental issues. He clearly doesn't know what he's talking about. 'There's no need to worry about running out of resources, when we start to run out they'll cost more so people won't use as much!" Sure that might be true, but he's leaving out that what that would mean is a massive drop in standard of living for our decendents.
Once cost increases, alternatives would be more viable. It's not cost effective to use electric vehicles at this time, but as the cost of gasoline increases and technology develops, electric vehicles become more viable. It's not accurate to say that once the resource is more expensive, standard of living must drop.