Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2009-09-24, 04:30   Link #4076
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossoverManiac View Post
We must have been watching two different videos. The one I watched scarcely mentioned conservation and spent more time bashing capitalism and the prosperity this nation has been blessed with.
No, it's more that you're watching it through a different filter than I am. You're focusing on the overstatements the video made claiming they're bashing capitalism and prosperity, while I'm focusing on the underlying message of conservation. Just because we can be wasteful as a society doesn't mean we should be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossoverManiac View Post
Why not? If a company's waste is adversely affect someone else's health or property, that person should have the right to have their grievance answered.
That's why you need regulations. Without them, even if someone tried to sue, the company could just say they didn't do anything wrong and bury the plantiff in a mountain of legal work that they can't sort through without spending huge amounts of money they don't have. We've seen what happens under an unregulated free market, and it isn't pretty. Love canal anyone? Until an organization got behind the homeowners there, nothing was done because individuals just don't have the resources to fight something like that alone.