View Single Post
Old 2011-04-07, 07:38   Link #523
VDZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyosak View Post
^
while key announced that the second OP is not a joke, they also said that action/fighting is not what the whole game revolves around.
according to them, you can also expect scenarios that have barely any of these elements aka more traditional routes.
which is good news to me, because most fighting scenes in eroge/VN put me to sleep.

and this being key, we'll probably get some sort of scenario in the true route that'll make us turn around and call this is a nakige, but w/o maeda involved, maybe not! (i'm hoping this turns out to be another nakige... :P)
Jun Maeda is doing Quality Control, so he's still in a position to say 'we haven't made the players cry yet, we need to add some drama'. Rewrite will probably not be a traditional nakige, but I don't think Key will ever release a game that will not make players cry.

As for the 'new writers, new direction' argument: Remember that these new writers also have works that make players cry. I didn't finish Cross Channel and haven't played Kana, but from what I've heard Cross Channel's ending made lots of players cry, and Kana was depressing in general. Higurashi and Umineko also have plenty of sad moments (in fact, Higurashi still remains the only work of fiction that has ever made me cry).

Sure, it won't be the usual nakige plot, but the world will end before Key makes a game that doesn't make players cry.
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote