View Single Post
Old 2011-10-05, 19:43   Link #2382
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Well, the Ground Force has to deal with a lot of problems. The other units, Air Force partially but particularly the Navy tend to keep stealing the more powerful mages, which leaves the Ground Force rather weakened. Regius complains about this too, how he's having enough trouble keeping the peace without the Air Force and Navy stealing his best troops.

Hayate's plan was not so much to create some super joint unit, but to create a new type of Ground Force unit that could stop many of the cases that happened here and now while the Navy is of saving the multiverse somewhere else. RF6 was a beta-concept, if you will. They are all Ground Force in RF6. Hence the brown uniforms for everyone.

Would they still have flight capable mages if the idea'd gone live? Maybe, if the Navy and Air Force don't steal them. Being able to fly and being in the Air Force are two different things. You can be a Ground Force mage, but still be able to fly. Case in point, Zest. However, I imagine these cases to be not as numerous..
What confounds me is this question: What exactly was Hayate doing DIFFERENTLY from the Gaiz or the regular ground forces?

If she was trying to create a model the rest of the Ground Forces could imitate, I'd say she did a horrible job. The Ground Forces do NOT have the ability to call in Aces from the Air and Navy to work for them; they have the exact opposite problem.

Besides, I thought Hayate formed Riot Force 6 specifically to bring together her firends and create a dream team to deal with Scaglietti without having to answer to anyone but Chrono.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote