Thread: Licensed Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora
View Single Post
Old 2007-03-06, 07:10   Link #942
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Am I the only one who thinks Kazuya is a great character? Not someone I want to meet in real life, but a fascinating fictional creation. I've never seen a character quite like him.
Spoiler for ep9:
He reminds me of Gates from FMP:TSR in a sense... a real piece of work with no hold on reality or any scale of brutality. But, I don't like these types of characters. Give me antagonists with complex agendas that appear evil on the surface, but actually have some noble motivation under it. I can't see that happening with Kazuya. Unless they pull something that's well beyond my powers of prediction, it looks like he's going to end up as an 'evil-for-the-sake-of-being-evil' antagonist.

Ep 9.

Ok, fair episode with lots of ZOMG PLOT TWISTS. In the end I thought Mika was a waste of a character. Sure, she did receive a bit of background and depth in the end, but it was in parts and too disjointed overall, so it became difficult to sympathize with her until the very end, and made
Spoiler:
a tad underwhelming compared to what it could have been. I mean, she has the complexity in an antagonist I was just talking about, and I like those sorts of characters (Chikane was the same in KnM, now that I think about it). I think I would have liked to have seen an episode just dedicated to her alone, if only to see just where they could take her character. Not to be .

The parts of a giant mecha thing is actually quite clever now that I think of each of the AA's respective powers. It is, admittedly, a fairly well thought out story... even if it isn't anything incredibly unique. But that last scene made no sense to me. Setsuna's (lack of) action sort of demands that she, too, has had her memory erased or that it was another surreal scene within the Cielo. Either way, it's a disappointing fate for her, since she is an incredibly likable character, and the only way out for her (that I can think of) is a crappy DEM. Speaking of DEMs, that's looking like a possible ending at this point...

Final note: Anyone who still thinks Kyoshiro is a 'bad' guy has completely missed the point of this series.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote