View Single Post
Old 2012-07-14, 14:50   Link #358
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
Sudden? how is it "sudden"?, her showing up at the meeting is no more "sudden" than Kirito "suddenly" run into her in the dungeon. Nor is their talk "deep" by any stretch of the imagination.
How is it not sudden? There was about 4 1/2 minutes between when Kirito first talked to Asuna and partied with her and when they were talking over bread. And about 3 of those 4 1/2 minutes were people talking at the meeting like Egil.
Their talk about why Asuna fights isn't deep? Even in the anime version it is, but it loses that depth because we don't see any basis for it.
Of course you helped to point out another flaw in the episode; Asuna's talk really doesn't seem that deep in the anime because, as I pointed out, there's no basis for viewers to see where she's coming from. They just see a girl in a cloak. In the novels, we see how near-self-destructive she acts, and that shores up her character and then we can see what the heck she's talking about later.

Quote:
Sorry, but I disagree. Your complains are exactly the kind that are always made by fans who are comparing the adaptation to the original material.
So now you're reading my mind and telling me where my thoughts are coming from? A little presumptuous don't you think? With all due respect, you don't really have the right to be deciding for me where my opinions are coming from.
I explained exactly how my thoughts are based in anime-only origination. Why is Asuna opening up to a guy she has barely interracted with? Even from anime-only, you can tell she's a quiet loner so where's the openness suddenly coming from? Why is she talking about not wanting to lose to the game? From the 1 1/2 - 2 minutes of interaction they had while forming their party? Rushed and contrived.