View Single Post
Old 2012-02-25, 00:04   Link #247
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I don't see that as an understandable move. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this game has been advertising that it would cover the first half of the story and a bit of the post-time-skip. Skypiea and Thriller Bark are big story arcs and, contrary to popular belief, they do share a good amount of significance in the grand story. And since it looks like they're specifically covering story arcs where each strawhat joins, leaving out Thriller Bark doesn't make sense since that's when Brook joins.

In any case, I'm not surprised by this. As we've been nearing the release date of this game they haven't been showing anything Skypiea or Thriller Bark related, so I was beginning to grow skeptical over time. We'll see if they include these story arcs as DLC.
While I do agree with that but the fact remains that as far as story flow goes Skypiea is not important and it's connection to the main plot point is irrelevant as of right now. It was an arc that was more about setting up the future end game portion rather than the seemly the game's now clear focus of the Summit War.

Also consider that whole arc is basically a battle royal between SH, Shandian, and Priests. You really have to commit on putting in recreating all minor characters to make the arc interesting, it's too much work for too little reward. Especially it seems the game is also focusing on the emotional aspect of OP and the Skypiea's moving scene are really more about the flashback and the Shandian/Norland rather than SH themselves.

Personally I'm more bummed on Thriller Bark not involved as it contains the introduction of Brook and Zoro's badass scence. But that arc, again really isn't that important to the story flow compare to other arc.

Considering that they are using comic book style representation, I can see them using those comic strip scenes to make the transition.

Though it really is too bad, because Thriller Bark would really make a good Musou stage with all those zombie soldier.