View Single Post
Old 2013-08-21, 23:19   Link #77
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
This show has been pretty much all interesting dialogue so far(by that, there was always some meaning to a long conversation), so I can't see how you can agree with him beyond a subjective bias for sight gags or the like. Even with a more subdued atmosphere, things were still going on, as the characters interacted with each other. The whole dialogue between Yotsugi and Koyomi in particular added well needed insight. This was always a character driven ensemble cast style show, so it's a bit bizarre for people to come in not expecting that at this point unless you're really starting off with this season first, which would be a mistake anyway.

On Maaya's performance as Shinobu, yeah, I have to say I much preferred her performance in Nise as Shinobu to now, hopefully that will change.
Character driven story doesn't work for everyone. It's not the bias for sight gags, but rather bias for characters. Since each story is where character takes their turn to shine. if they dislike the character, they care even less about the dialogue even if the dialogue may become significant latter.

Few example:

Nadeko fans: NADEKO FREAKING WERE

Tsubasa haters: Why the hell does Tsubasa gets so many arcs/episodes for herself? She's boring, I hate her.

You see, it's no longer the same as when Bake aired, since at that time people still didn't develop their attachments and bias toward any character in particular, but things are different now. Some people just doesn't have the patients to wait for character they like to show up.

The rest of the complain regarding this episode why nothing happened yet and time travel plot sucks. Again, they don't have the patients to wait till things starts happening. I think these people are better of watching the whole arc in one go before complaining instead of episode by episode.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote