View Single Post
Old 2017-06-14, 14:57   Link #8
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
The whole point wasn't the fact you cannot play with your friends. Rather, having streamlined features can encourage people playing more poorly than usual. Ever since Tri, there are countless of public lobby because people can't always play with friends or don't have friends who are interested in MH. And that's the point: hunting with strangers is another part of the MH experience. However, if the game becomes too lenient for a certain type of players (aka morons, not even casuals), this will discourage normal/veterans players to host public rooms (which actually happened early in MH4 when jp hosts had to kick on sight anyone below a certain rank because there were way too many Yuuta players for a while)

So no, "just play with your friends" is not relevant at all, moreso if said friends are busy or unfortunately playing on XBOX or PC because they confirmed there won't be any cross platform multiplayer.
It isn't even about the controls, but the actual "feel" of the game.
The reason why you don't have dodge like in GE is exactly because MH always had the philosophy of having humans relatively well built that confronts massive monsters that could potentially mow them down.

I'm not saying they have to keep every frame consumming animation, but the drinking animation was obviously there to prevent players from abusing potions instead of actually avoiding taking damage. That's why it is very important to know if they did something to make up for this change. Frankly, it is quite obvious how that single change has an impact on the game for casual players, but it is less obvious to figure out how they actually tweaked the AI of the monsters to prevent pot chugging abuse.
Could you please not take me as a moron? I believe my post was thoughtful about the possible issues, yet you imply I didn't bother checking info, even though I did.
The fact all weapons are there don't change anything: that's like assuming X is the same as 4 because "the weapons are still there!"

Again, information is not enough as there is a limit of what info you can get: Capcom will never disclose the invulnerability frame, the damage scaling and all the stuff. You need an actual demo to have an idea if the game stays similar to the previous game, or if it will be faster in term of hunt pacing because of animations and/or damage.
Exactly the same reason why some people like X/Gen while others believe it is an heresy (similar to what Sides has explained about Bloodborde / DarkSouls).

I find quite annoying you think I'm acting like a grumpy old fanboy even though I do like some changes in there.
If you at least read my post instead of pointing fingers as if I don't like any change in there, that would be better for an actual discussion. For now, I sincerely feel insulted with your baseless remarks.
What I explained thus far are the possible points that made me and certain veterans worried about some changes. Did I say this game is bad? No. Did I say the game "should not be changed"? Far from it. My general conclusion was "I don't like some parts, but others are ok. Still need actual demo to make a judgment". A bloody Wait & see attitude, and yet you state "You just turn a blind eye to everything"? I hope you realize you are literally changing the actual position I had with my initial post.

So for goodness sake, stop this passive aggressive attitude and the strawman argument. It is annoying and doesn't make your arguments any relevant to the points I've made.
Quote:
Rather, having streamlined features can encourage people playing more poorly than usual.
Or, it could help newbies that are willing to give the series a try for the first time to accomodate themselves better to the game without the need to fight some of the more obtuse mechanics of this series. Who are we to judge without information?

Quote:
Ever since Tri, there are countless of public lobby because people can't always play with friends or don't have friends who are interested in MH.
Maybe that was because it released on the Wii U which barely had a community at all and barely anyone wanted. Not everyone is willing to go out of their way to buy a console to play a game even if it is a game they love, not every MH entusiast is willing to buy a Switch just for MH especially if there is one releasing on a console they might already own.

Also, the MH community is niché at best, so finding a seasoned veteran on the Wii U of all things was always going to be a challenge, especially considering most of the people buying the game for that console were new to the series.

Quote:
And that's the point: hunting with strangers is another part of the MH experience. However, if the game becomes too lenient for a certain type of players (aka morons, not even casuals), this will discourage normal/veterans players to host public rooms (which actually happened early in MH4 when jp hosts had to kick on sight anyone below a certain rank because there were way too many Yuuta players for a while)
That happens in every game with multiplayer, deal with it. Or you could just go to Capcoms forum and bring up the need for custom lobbies in MH. The Wii U game was doomed to suffer in this instance due to the nature of Nintendo's crappy online infrastructure and the dreaded friend codes.

Quote:
So no, "just play with your friends" is not relevant at all, moreso if said friends are busy or unfortunately playing on XBOX or PC because they confirmed there won't be any cross platform multiplayer.
Then make new friends on the console/platform you own or one of you gets a new console, you have options. It's not the game's fault that you both chose to get different consoles and wishing for Cross platform multiplayer is a pipe dream mainly because of the disparity there would be between versions. Can you imagine playing on PC in 60 fps with people on consoles playing at 30 fps or lower? What if either the Xbox or the PS4 can't at the least keep a stable 30 fps and/or lacks a reliable connectivity?

Quote:
It isn't even about the controls, but the actual "feel" of the game.
The reason why you don't have dodge like in GE is exactly because MH always had the philosophy of having humans relatively well built that confronts massive monsters that could potentially mow them down.
Well, considering that we live at a time where demos don't exist you better hope for a beta because with your logic of needing to play it to know how it feels will only end up with you buying the game to try it out. The best you can do until then is learn as much as you can of the game to see if it's worth your purchase.

Quote:
I'm not saying they have to keep every frame consumming animation, but the drinking animation was obviously there to prevent players from abusing potions instead of actually avoiding taking damage.
If someone abuses the potions they will eventually run out, that's their penalty for it. In a usual hunt you hold of on using your very limited supply of potions until the last second you can to get the most out of them. Anyone that abuses them will run out of them and will not be able to have a battle of attrition against some of the more demanding monsters. The animation for the most part is not needed, you are either smart about using them or not.

Quote:
Could you please not take me as a moron? I believe my post was thoughtful about the possible issues, yet you imply I didn't bother checking info, even though I did.
I never did, when I hold discussions I like to use comparisons and examples the best I can to get my point across, it's that simple. I also believe that my my intent in my post was thoughtful, I could have worded it a bit better but it's what I wrote, I'll own up to it.

But please don't assume that I am treating you like a moron, it never even crossed my mind to so and I take offense at your assumption.

Quote:
You need an actual demo to have an idea if the game stays similar to the previous game, or if it will be faster in term of hunt pacing because of animations and/or damage.
Again, the best you can hope for is a beta, but at the end of the day you if one doesn't happen then you will have to purchade the game either way to get and idea of how it plays. That seems counter productive, unless you borrow it from someone else or something.

Quote:
I find quite annoying you think I'm acting like a grumpy old fanboy even though I do like some changes in there.
I never said anything of the sort, If anything I am taking you very seriously. Why else would I write these long paragraphs for? Please don't assume my intentions.

Quote:
What I explained thus far are the possible points that made me and certain veterans worried about some changes. Did I say this game is bad? No. Did I say the game "should not be changed"? Far from it. My general conclusion was "I don't like some parts, but others are ok. Still need actual demo to make a judgment". A bloody Wait & see attitude, and yet you state "You just turn a blind eye to everything"? I hope you realize you are literally changing the actual position I had with my initial post.
I never said you said as such, I only disagreed with your stance of finding any information given about the game not as "useful" as playing the game itself and I have been disagreeing with your stance on certain changes. I never told you to "turn a blind eye" to anything, I only disagreed with your wait and see attitude.

You talk about me changing what you said yet here you do the same thing. Again, stop assuming I have some agenda against you.

Quote:
So for goodness sake, stop this passive aggressive attitude and the strawman argument. It is annoying and doesn't make your arguments any relevant to the points I've made.
If anyone is being passive aggressive here it is you, you are the one getting heated on your own creating assumptions that I have some kind of grudge against you for being apprehensive about this game. You can dislike whatever you want to dislike about this game, but that doesn't mean I won't try to challenge some of the things you say if I disagree with you and I never expected you to agree with me. I just wanted to see what kind of answer I could get back to understand your viewpoint better.

Too bad that this is how things went down, maybe we could have possibly played this game together with others since you say you can't play with your friends that don't own the same console as you. Heck, I don't mind even mind playing with people who don't know how to play well yet and just want to bs around the game having fun.

Let's just agree to disagree and end it right here.