View Single Post
Old 2010-11-29, 23:21   Link #148
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
That's why I said it was disturbing that she was doing it with her brother in the next room and all that.

Like I said, I've grown impatient.

I generally tend to gravitate towards one character with games, but eroge tend to force you to go through one path before you go to another, or something of that sort. An example: My friend let me borrow Tsukihime because I play Melty Blood competitively. So I was sure, why not? I play Hisui, so naturally I want to learn about Hisui. I can't do that. I have to play through Arcuied's route first. I don't want to do that, I want to learn more about Hisui. Making you sift through paths like that is something I can't sit down and trudge through to get what I want, especially given how long games like this take.

The same thing happened with Fate. I don't care for Saber or Rin, and was really curious about what happens to Sakura. Nope, have to go through Saber and Rin before I can. Not happening.

Again, not a fault of the game, and I'm not dismissing anyone who enjoys it. Just can't do it myself.

1. I don't find eroge disturbing. I find enjoying it loudly and publicly disturbing, especially in the manner which Kirino did.

2. If you have to surpress yourself, or use these games to do so you are in serious need of help / therapy.

In that case, I can relate. I hate when they does that as well. That why I still think Dokyusei series is pinnacle for pure-love type eroge and both origiinal Tokimeki Memorial and Sentimental Graffiti are still the best bishojo games ever.

And yeah, I agree Kirino is going a bit overboard, but the important part I believe is that the parents are not home, who gives a heck about siblings?

As for suppress ones self, I'm not talking about the urge to do those things in game, I mean, I can't summon a hot swordsman as servent even if I wanted to nor have a hot classmate suddenly decides to move in with you.

I talking about stresses and pressures built up in you everyday life. To me, eroge is exactly the same as games like Call of Duty or Mario Kart. They are things that lets you escape to your fantasies and relief yourself.... (which ever way you would like)

Though just to make clear, I still have more respect for people who uses games to relief their criminal urges than fucked-up people who uses games (of any type) as excuse for their crimes. I'm sorry, if you can't tell what is real and what's not, you are messed up to begin with....