View Single Post
Old 2011-10-06, 00:19   Link #2392
Sunder the Gold

Reposting stuff from Fanfiction thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craxuan View Post
Lol, mind explaining the hatred for Verossa? Me don't get it that much.
As a person, I don't hate him. I just don't particularly like his type.

As a character, I resent him for being a waste of time. He doesn't do ANYTHING that Chrono or Yuuno couldn't have done.

Or, heck, Fate's an investigator and isn't spending most of her time training the Fowards like Nanoha and Vita. So why isn't SHE investigating Scaglietti like she was doing before she joined, rather than leaving it to Verossa? (In fact, what IS she doing at all?)

Since Verossa doesn't get enough time to really develop his character, all he's doing is cluttering up an already bloated cast while denying screentime to characters we already know and love.

Also, back before I really cottoned on to the "Ancient Belkan style Knights were outdated towards the end of the Empire, and genetic modification was all the rage", his "inherited magic" irritated me. It made absolutely no sense within the Ancient Belkan Style.

Plus, shouldn't Uno have been less surprised by it? The ability can't be all that secret, and she should have known which high-profile names were investigating them, his especially among them because of his known ties with Hayate.

I'm more forgiving of Vice, who helps to develop Teana's character, develops his own character while he's at it, and even has his own little story arc where he deals with his sniping accident with his sister.

Still, even Vice isn't really necessary, since it makes no sense to use helicopters and ground mages instead of teleportation and flying mages to deal with a high-class threat like Scaglietti, who could be anywhere and strike at anywhere. They took a step BACKWARDS from the measures they used against the Wolkenritter in the last season, for no clear reason.

If Yuuno had been allowed by the writers to join the unit, he could have handled the teleportation, and he might have been the one that Teana ended up talking to. Perhaps because Yuuno also sometimes irrationally feels like he's not contributing enough?

Rather than Vice defending the base when it was attacked, along with Vivio and her nanny, Yuuno could have done that with shields, binds and chains.

Rather than developing Vice, a character we'd never seen before and didn't initially care about, they could have further explored a known and loved character who didn't have enough exploration even BEFORE the ten year time-skip!

And heck, Yuuno has enough in common with Caro that he might have helped to develop HER character, which honestly could have used it. Erio's too; Erio might have openned up to Yuuno as one of the few male role models around.

I'm omitting Chrono here, because while he might find the time to personally storm Scaglietti's base to help Fate by taking out Uno, he wouldn't have the time to hang around RF6's headquarters, talking with the cadets. He's got a wife and kids to spend time with when he's off-work.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote