View Single Post
Old 2009-06-20, 20:02   Link #95
CCYoshi

Heyo Saimoe peoples,

Thanks for your ongoing hard work on translating all the series / characters and instructions (Komari's tutorial especially!), it's a great help. I'm not sure how much work goes into translating the results from J-Saimoe, but I figured I'd help in my own way by writing a utility to help auto-translate text.

Well, it's not a translator, but more something that finds strings and replaces them as defined by a dictionary. i.e. automatically replacing a series's Japanese name with its English name. I figure such a thing might be useful for parsing results files, so you don't have to repetitively translate series over and over again. Don't know if you use anything like this already or not, but if you're interested, please give it a shot. I tested it with the series you all have posted so far, and it worked pretty well with the results that were posted for the 1st day of nominations (in the 2ch thread.

http://www.mediafire.com/?wh5tzmlmylz

Let me know what you think, and I can help build a translation dictionary of shows / characters for J-Saimoe if you want. Cheers!