View Single Post
Old 2009-12-19, 01:40   Link #703
thirdlc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
For most people old style = Good amd new style = Bad. So, when seeing a good style, they think it is the old one. The problem is people don't realize the the "K-oned" style is not the current one, not even the most proeminent one.
So, you guys don't mind who the (ultra) animation supervisor is and don't notice who it is? Since it's Ikeda this time, I think it's natural that the trailer looks like the older series. Plus she left work for one year after Clannad, so she still has part of the old style that KyoAni used to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
Most of the episodes of the so called "second season" are bad drawed (to be more specific, most of the EE and Bamboo Leaf), yes. But it wasn't really a single style. Each EE episode followed a diferent style. The real "new style", i.e. the one they seen to be using for now, is the one used in Sighs and, apparently, in the movie..
The reason why you think so is because you lack a viewpoint of who is animation director. Watch episodes by the same animation director regardless of the series, and you'll find them same (well, their art style has been changing bit by bit slowly, so if there are long gaps of time among the episodes you choose, it's maybe similar), not different or new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Wow. The animation looked gorgeous, even compared to KyoAni's usual high-grade production. They've really put their best work into this movie.

Oh god, Yuki. I wonder what happened here.
Reminds me of these.
Spoiler for clannad:

That hands don't seem to belong in those scenes is, I guess, her weak point.