View Single Post
Old 2010-10-27, 13:42   Link #2052
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
Again, it's the most reasonable inference if you're predisposed to dislike (or pity, or whatever) Ranka.

She may not have been sure HOW it would affect the Vajra (although she'd gotten a pretty big hint that if she projects pain and sadness, they'll go on a killing spree), but it's pretty clear that she knew she could affect them one way or another.

And again, if she knew she was what they were looking for, removing herself from Frontier is the best, most selfless thing she could do.

She shouldn't HAVE to spell it out to Alto, really. It's clear to everyone that the Vajra are reacting to her, and her alone. But Alto's dense in a lot of ways, so I guess I can give him a pass here...
Dude. What did I just say? I'll say it again: "in my eyes Ranka wasn't sure how her song would work on the Vajra."

Where did you get that I denied that she knew she would affect the Vajra positively or negatively from that?

I will say, though, that she definitely could not be 100% sure what the Vajra were looking for. Otherwise whole sequences of the last episodes ( especially her giving her big exposition about the Vajras motives in episode 25 ) would not make sense.