View Single Post
Old 2013-06-18, 18:37   Link #131
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
Well, the issue here with this idea that Kibbles needs Ledo and his machine caliber come from the episode itself. Kibble said he received his distress signal and had to travel across the planet to get to him (which believe it or not, does sort of make sense). There's no reason for him to say: "Pfft. I'll just take over the world all by myself instead of having another almost equally powerful ally to help me do it!"

The fact of the matter is, Kibbles is just one man. Even in a machine caliber he can't be everywhere at once. He's also just "one" man. Even in the greatest machine caliber mankind has ever seen, a single opponent against a numerical advantage always looks weak. "You may be really deadly, but there's still hundreds of us!" Having two machine calibers on the other hand... A duo of heavily-armed death robots from space aren't to be reckoned with. Having Ledo means that he can more swiftly and efficiently achieve his goals, and maintain his control. Efficiency is a big deal to Colonel Kibbles, space commando.

It also reinforces the idea of his cult, that they're space warriors protecting mankind from the threat of the space Hideauze in space. In reality, I can't think of a single good reason why Kibbles would NOT want Ledo to join him.
I was coming from the assumption that Kugel has been working on his project for a long while before knowing that Ledo was there too on that same planet.

From that standpoint it wouldn't make sense for Kugel to hold his conquest plans only because he has "just" one machine caliber. There is simply no comparison between the strength of a machine calibers and any weapon of the earthlings.

And you are wrong in your statement that he is one man. He is quite certainly not considering a whole fleet is revering him as a god and it's only logical that more people will follow him after each conquest. Dissidents can be incinerated faster than Ledo can say "zenmetsu".

Now if Kugel knew about Ledo for a while then you are right that before going on a world domination campaign he should have made a priority to contact him.

However in that case his behavior would be even more suspicious.
I mean in EP1 we have seen machine calibers moving around a gas giant planet in a very short amount of time. Exactly what prevented him from going directly to Ledo with Striker? It shouldn't have taken him more than a few hours even if he was on the opposite side of the planet. Why did he have to go with the whole fleet in tow?

Moreover if he knew Ledo was there that means he intercepted Chamber's distress signal. But if he could receive that distress signal, then why didn't he send one to Chamber?

In either case you are left with a big question: What was Kugel waiting for?