View Single Post
Old 2012-09-09, 03:02   Link #3855
Ozuma-Rii
Heya~ I am a Ranka-addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by erfine View Post
@Kags: I don't get why a romance story would spend so much time on that kinda stuff either. I mean, we aaaaaaall get it: boy loves girl, girl loves boy, stuff pushes them apart, hijinks ensue, pent-up feelings they spew. Wasn't this meant to be a documentary on the tech specs of mecha?

Ozma would have made for a much better plot. He loves Cathy. Cathy loves him. Stuff pushes them apart. Hijinks ensue... oh wait, scratch that. Er... Michael! He loves Klan. Klan loves him. No she doesn't. Yes she does... oh, I give up.

@Ozuma: Ah literal analysis. Super important. There's a top secret code that the director uses to tell you who the real protags are, and nobody else knows the code ('cept for me ). But all the posters can do deep analyses to figure it out.

Mirror mirror on the wall, who is the complexest character of all?

If you win you get unlimited cookies and everyone else admits that your character is really the bestest i mean, the most protagonistly-acting protagonist. Or they don't admit it. But then you can just use more analysis to figure out that they're just being tsundere about it.

PS Sheryl's not a protagonist, she's a brotagonist. And Alto is his woman.
Blasphemy! Alto cookie belongs to my cute Ranka only! ;P
Yeah, but you must admit Alto did learn to man up at the end...

And, just saying, at least the proportion i.e. ratio between plot and romance is more balanced, and we were given generally more information about the Vajura. But in the movie, all I saw was a futile attempt by the staff to re-write the story by having Sheryl as the main focus, and the fights as garnish on a badly cooked dish. Seriously, if they wanted to make amovie, they should balance it like the tv series: there were the many moments that they show the data and research process on the enemy. It is better than a certain skimpily dressed pink haired impersonator of my loli hogging all the screen time. Heck, even I would hate if Ranka hogs the whole screen. At least when they show Ranka, it usually has lots of plot significance even in the TV series (which ranka pubstomped Sheryl into the curb harder that ramming a ghost v 9 into an iron wall IMO)

There, just my two cents.
Perhaps next time I might give a dollar or two (lame joke, I know)

Btw, are we violating the rules by (almost) starting a shipping war?