View Single Post
Old 2012-09-28, 10:36   Link #9817
Rahan

What year ? What country ?

Since it was in a movie theatre, I assume it was a movie trailer ? (unless in your country, you have sometimes advertisement for animes in theatres ? Sorry never heard of a "Hacienda Theatre", so I don't know where you are from)

Anyways, Patlabor is also my most likely choice.

Patlabor WXIII (or 3) came out in 2002 in Japan, had a limited release in NYC and was shown in several festivals around the world in 2003 and 2004.
The mecha is definitely white, but I am not sure it would stand out in the trailer. Patlabor has an unique take on the mechas. Most of them are civilians and are tools to be used by the workers or the police. It's not a war show unlike most mechas shows.

Rahxephon also has a very white mecha, and had a movie come out in 2003. It's not listed on IMDB, so I don't know in what countries it came out.

Older than that, you have Escaflowne, with a white mecha wearing a badass cape and wielding a giant sword. (it's a mecha show in a medfan setting). The TV series is from 96 and a movie came out in 2000. It had a limited release in the USA in 2002.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote