Thread: Licensed Mushishi
View Single Post
Old 2006-07-16, 12:09   Link #382
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-Reflector
Ah yes, episode 23. Yet another demonstration of the original author's creativity. One must ask, just how does he come come up with this stuff? Some of the phenomenons that he creates out of fiction are simply incredible, and even more remarkable is how "natural" they seem to we the audience after a while.

"Ah, now I see, the girl's voice attracts a rust like mushi. Of course, that explains it all." That was not sarcasm, but really, the author's creativity is one thing, and its his story telling skill that persuades us to accept them as only natural.
Very true, I guess we are just so used to Mushi and such Incredible things happening in this Anime that we just take it as it comes. But yeah, its remarkable how he keeps it human, yet makes us accept these things which are clearly inhuman.

Maybe because at the core of this Anime, it is Human. Human reactions, Human decisions, Human actions; the Incredible Mushi only serve as catalysts to bring these Humans out.

I really do believe that Humans are what Mushishi is all about. Its really a plane, a medium, to tell stories about humans.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote