Thread: Licensed Simoun
View Single Post
Old 2006-12-02, 22:38   Link #2325
m000m000

Quote:
Originally Posted by fignae View Post
Have to say I have absolutley zero complaints about that top-5 there. And yeah, very surprising to see Anubituf up there considering the relative amount of votes the lead girls must have gotten, Mr. A's relative screentime and, well, the fact that he is a male in a show that is full of females, and where the majority of the fans most definitively are not .
Quite an achivement, though if it were me personally, I'd probably swap him out of there with either Floe or Neviril .

Also, I'll have to file a complaint somewhere about there being an Anubituf and Guragief in front of MY Qipao-Yunyun armlocking a Parapararappa in that wallpaper .

It's good to see that there's still some life left in this thread. I was myself vailing at a lack of being able to put my feelings into words after the final episode, and after that finally passed I was swallowed up by various real-life and other online issues resulting in a general cut-back on forum-reading time so I've mostly been lurking here ocassionaly since the show ended.
It's sad to say I've missed out a good deal of interesting conversations and debates in the thread that I felt like replying to, but they're probably better left for the dead by this point. Regardless, props to you guys for making this the longest AS thread that I've actually read all the way back-to-back and for being what actually got me to sign up and post here instead of just lurk .

Post-Simoun anime-watching was a bit of trouble to get started on, but after re-watching the series once more I got it out of my system enough to be able to actually think about something else for a while .

The show's I've particulary taken a stronger liking to were Saiunkoku Monogatari, which I initially glossed over because of the whole 39-episodes-filled-with-bishounens -deal, but on a friend's recommendation I went and gave the initial episodes a go, and I'm quite glad I did. Bishounens or not, the main cast is a quite likable and inoffensive bunch, and Shuurei herself is beyond awsome. Otherwise, of this new season's offerings I've taken particular Likings to Asatte no Hokou, which is just great atmospheric stuff (and you can see the backgrounds are by the same guy who was responsible for Simoun too ) with a nicely handled twist and two good leads, and, Soukou no Strain, which is pretty, err, different in atmosphere to the rest of the stuff here . But man, does S-Strain manage to keep the viewer in an iron grasp with it's pure intensity, even if the latest episode was a (much-needed)breath-releaser. If the show continues on par all the way to the end, Sara will very much be getting my vote for best Female protagonist of the year, and we've had quite a good bunch of candidates already.

Anyway enough with the OT . Hopefully we'll get yet another small spark into things in here once the PS2 game for Simoun is released at the end of the year. Well, that is assuming it won't be delayed yet again <_<.

I'd gather there hasn't really been much other news on the Simoun front other than the poll results as of late?
m000m000 is offline   Reply With Quote