View Single Post
Old 2012-06-04, 00:32   Link #96
ZetaAEUG

So I just watched the ep and Mikage's motivation is to get revenge on apollo for tricking him into believing he was apollonius. With 3 episodes left, I don't have any more hope for the characters or their motivations anymore.

Mikono's intentions still remains a mystery, is she just romantically interested in both Amata and Kagura, unknowingly (or knowingly) manipulating them to fight each other? Maybe when they both collapse of exhaustion fighting over her, she'll be able to connect them once again, maybe that's her plan. Kagura remains the same as he was at the start, very little to no development with his personality. I actually had hopes that he'd rebel against Mikage at one point and become his own person, but a dog is ever loyal to its master. And Amata, at least I know now why he's so obsessively in love with Mikono like that, his soul is inherited from a dog so his devotion is unfaltering.

Still, there's room for speculation on where apollonius is because they don't outright say it, but seeing as apollo was possessed by apollonius while in the vector machine of the solar aquarion, one can safely assume that apollonius' soul is somehow trapped in the aquarion. Hopefully by the end they can trap Touma/Mikage's soul in another robot so it won't reincarnate again (and spawn another awful sequel that retcons).