View Single Post
Old 2010-11-11, 19:41   Link #1867
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu-Chan View Post
My cynical side tells me that Morosawa's "cancer" excuse means that she's going through a Creator Breakdown phase (a la Hideaki Anno in Evangelion and Tomino during V Gundam, and why Stephenie Meyer won't release the fifth Twilight novel).
It wasn't brain cancer. That was some Internet joke that became widespread.

She did get diagnosed with cancer after Destiny ended and that was the reason for the movie's delay. But I don't think she ever disclosed the exact form of cancer.

(and for the record, she's always been pretty honest about her health... For example she also revealed that during the production of Seed she was diagnosed with uterine fibroids, and had surgery to remove her uterus and right ovary after the show ended)

Quote:
It's been rumored that Lacus is Morosawa's self-insert Mary Sue, and that she (Morosawa) cosplayed as her (Lacus) in her public appearances at various anime conventions in Japan. Try to picture that in your head.
More crazy fan rumors to justify Destiny's quality. I don't even want to picture that one.

I remember the one where it was reported that the Seed movie was canceled because she died. Its like she's become one of those hated celebrities... Really, leave the lady alone...