View Single Post
Old 2017-10-22, 05:44   Link #5
chaosprophet

While I can't say I've been waiting for Rance X specifically when IX wasn't even out, I have been interested in the series since a bit before Quest release, and been hyped about it since I played III on the second half of 2013 and proceeded to marathon the series all the way to Quest + 01 in a couple of months.

It was a great time to become a Rance fan as 2014 had IX and then 2015 had 03. But after came this long wait for X which is finally coming to an end.

So far with the info we got it looks like X will easily be my favorite game of the series and possibly one of my favorite overall. It seems they went all out in many aspects like going Full HD, over 200 characters with tons of playable ones, a huge script, etc.

If there is one disappointment for me is it having no voices. In one hand I think the game would still be great nonetheless, plus I loved IX and VI even without them. On the other hand, after playing 03, I just think the game would be even greater if it had them. It adds another dimension to the dialogue and story.

Some info resources for the game:

The Alicesoft wikia entry on X has an updated list of all characters confirmed through all material we got so far.

For those who can't access the official website, this image has a list of all characters divided by the same sections as they are in the site and in the same order. Notice many characters are, for now, just a silhouette in the site. Albeit many are pretty recognizable and some we already got confirmation from somewhere else.

The Alicesoft official blog and twitter are also a place to keep an eye into for info.

Moomin's twitter account is another place to keep an eye on. He is the head of their debugging team and have been giving us some small tidbits of info here and then.