View Single Post
Old 2013-04-24, 07:44   Link #1143
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
As for the "waterworld" state of Earth, did I miss something? It can't be because the Sun has "cooled". That would imply that the Sun is dying and on its way towards becoming a red dwarf, a process that takes millions of years. If anything, the Earth froze over probably because of a nuclear winter or an equivalent disaster, and has thawed only recently.
In EP2 they say that earth froze because of abnormal solar activity.
For some non well specified reason the sun stopped providing enough heat and energy to keep our planet warm. It is said that it was "abnormal" so it must be something that defies our current knowledge.
By the way this is exactly the same scenario of the movie Sunshine (2007) which doesn't care to explain why that happened.

I would also add that a nuclear winter or equivalent disaster wouldn't really warrant something that radical as abandoning the planet, and there's the fact that Ledo thought that the planet was still supposed to be frozen after so many years. Those artificial winters are not supposed to last for long.

As for how the planet suddenly warmed to a temperature even higher than what it had originally there's no explanation at all, but I suspect the lightbugs are responsible for that and the "solar anomaly" probably ended.

Quote:
Might have already been said and discussed before... but...

To me... it feels like these Earthbrings or Gargantians... are a bunch of crazy Hypocrites...

Since they basically said, hay killing is wrong so we're using weapons to make others stand down...

Arming yourself with a weapon = Negotiate (so... if I went into a store with a weapon and said I want a lowered priced, will I get lowered price?)

Why not just get a Nuke like RL and no one would go against you, LOL.
You must be one of those who thought America should have nuked Afghanistan.
At least you should recognize that in the real world you don't massacre your enemies indiscriminately just because you can.
They never said "don't kill", they said "don't exterminate".

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote