View Single Post
Old 2009-10-13, 02:04   Link #80
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Alternately... that was simply done to tell them apart. They're pretty much exclusively referred to by their given names, after all.

*e*

... While hilarious... I really can't recall any instances of a Japanese name having more than just a given name and a surname. Go with a foreign exchange student that has a name for every letter of the alphabet.
I was going to, but they already have Koizumi as an exchange student of a sort. So the next aberration that struck me was someone whose name alone is a thing unheard of. Haruhi is just that amazing. She can speak Russian. In French.

Edit for Boredom:

New Guy: I am Alejandro Beliz Castilliano Del Eclessias Felizes Gallo Hidalgo Imperiosa Juarez Los Mares Nueves Ores Pimienta Queso Rey Sucre Taco Umberto Vega Xavier y Zorro. Pleased to meet you.
Kyon (Internal Narrative): In trying to write half of that, I have easily tripled the effort I've put into taking notes during Okabe-sensei's lectures.

(Not an actual sensible name, mind, and I didn't include the letters for which there are no true Spanish words beginning with them as opposed to borrowings.)