Thread: Aoi Bungaku
View Single Post
Old 2010-01-17, 12:55   Link #158
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
In the Forest, Under Cherries in Full Bloom, was a rather nice story, the adaptation seemed hilarious, it seemed so light hearted til all the gore. I was waiting for the woman to touch the bandit's face while he was strangling her.

Waiting to say those words Kimochi Warui! But I digress, that would have taken away from the message of the story as I heard of it.

Kokoro's sorta shocked me as much as No Longer Human did. I felt that alot of things were sorta pulled out of their asses to reach some sort of conclusion (And the whole omitting of the student to me, took away alot; it was something I was hoping to see animated.) It seemed that Sensei and Oku-san were indeed villainized alot, especially Oku-san.

The elopement was a surprise to me; it was never hinted that something like that ever happened. I always was surprised at the whole running away thing, it was stressed in the novel that Ojyou-san favoured sensei of the two.

I felt that they had a different idea of what the message was, rather than I had. I had intially thought that sensei had become a prisoner of what he described as the ugliness of humanity; selfishness. He had lost to his humanity in that sense, that he fought for Ojyou-san for himself. K stresses in his suicide note that it wasn't because of sensei that he committed suicide; he had forgotten his way, and chose to end his life then and there, he had nothing else to life for; he had failed himself. But sensei naturally blames himself anyways because he feels incredibly guilty for his actions, he hates himself. But he is redeemed in the end (of the novel) though he hates himself, and can't trust humanity; that is untrue, his one love Ojyou-san and of course the student, he has a great amount of love for both of them. He wishes the student could learn from his mistakes, and hopes that his wife can live a life not knowing the reality of human ugliness.

Rant over.

But in terms of execution, kokoro was done well, in fact what I've seen up til now has been very well done.

Credit To Risa-chan!
ClockWorkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote