View Single Post
Old 2006-01-22, 08:27   Link #2
kokanaden
otaku-hikikomori

Send a message via ICQ to kokanaden Send a message via MSN to kokanaden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xebek
Ok, I've always thought people think of the ending to KGNE as more gloomy then it really is. ESPECIALLY if you've seen the last episode with the extra five minutes where it reads all of Haruka's book. The book is about the four ferrets, they become friends, they split apart etc. The ending of her book mentions how the one ferret who was basically her dreamed of the day the four of them could nap under their special tree together. Then it goes to a scene of Haruka standing under the main important tree in the anime. She turns around, her eyes widen and she egins to tear out of what looks like joy rather then sadness.

Now I take this as almost meaning she turns around and see's her old friends and they basically are all friends again and there is just nothing romantic between Haruka and Taka. When Haruka said goodbye to Taka and all I took that as a goodbye to basically a romantic relationship. Does anyone else feel that the ending can be interpreted this way?
Well, I definitely agree with you that the ending could be viewed from a less gloomy angle. However, i guess all the "gloomy" interpretations is due to the focus of Haruka's failure to get Takayuki as her partner.....

For me, it was quite a "duh" ending... after all, everyone ended up getting what they wanted; Haruka publishing the book she had always wanted to publish, and Mitsuki getting Takayuki....

I guess the main emphasis of the ending is that friendship will never die... not even due to distractions like rivalry over a common love etc.... which I definitely agree!

I love <insert name of girl with blue hair, is sporty, is about 1.78m tall, has character, has shapely legs.>*

*sounds suspiciously like Mitsuki Hayase again
kokanaden is offline   Reply With Quote