View Single Post
Old 2007-05-17, 23:10   Link #1326
Sequora

Hi everyone! I lurked in this thread forever and finally decided to sign up.

Ichigo x Rukia all the way!

@Starwing

As for the interpretations within the different cultures and societies, I believe it all depends on a few factors:

1) What do people perceive as beautiful? It all depends on the person in question. Some men and women love big breasts and hour-glass shapes, while others prefer a smaller, less attractive shape. I'm a girl (obviously by my name) but I'm most definitely western. But I find girls like Rukia to be very beautiful because she is small and her curves are not as standing out as Orihime's.
IMO, women like Orihime are starting to get boring and out-dated. Why? Because we see this type of woman in magazines, celebrities, and practically anywhere in real life, especially in western society. So it's very refreshing, for me, to see a different type of woman take shape without having to go through lipo-suction or implants. This new freshness, IMO, is what probably attracts many people to Rukia instead of Hime. (Now if only we can see more plus size models ) I also like Rukia's attitude towards a lot of things and her bluntness. I don't know how many people I meet that try to go around things when I just want a 'yes' or 'no'. I hate that. Now that I think on it, Rukia sort of fits more into a Western culture feel than Orihime.

2) Like someone stated earlier, it also depends on what type of woman a partner is looking for? Are they looking for a partner who is sweet, unargumentative, wants to please all the time, or are they looking for a woman who will stand up on her own two feet with little to no assistance, stubborn, and will take up a fight.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in Asian society (at least a couple of decades ago, maybe even still now) many families taught their daughters to be respectful and obedient to their future husbands so that they do not shame them. I also think that in some families, they still have arranged marriages. In Western society, especially in America, many families have adopted the notion that their daughters choose their preferences and show respect, but at the same time, the western culture is very rebellious compared to the humble Asian.

3) Westerners love a good romance story whether it's Romeo and Juliette or Cinderella. I suppose you can say Orihime fits the description of both Juliette and Cinderella. Also, because Orihime seems to be sweet and humble, many westerners would wish her a good life compared to the blunt Rukia, whom some may perceive as a *itch.
Well, that's all I can think of for right now. You can agree or disagree, it doesn't matter to me. I just enjoy reading what other opinions people have and what their take on the topic may be.

Back on topic:

Chapter 270 pretty much slapped me in the face with the fierce determination that Ichigo showed to get to Rukia. Many people can argue the fact that he didn't get angry until Ulquiorra mentioned Inoue, but the fact still remains that Ichigo would have turned back for Rukia with or without Inoue, that he had a small inclination Inoue did betray them, and that he truly didn't want to fight Ulqu, thus the reason he wanted to end the fight so suddenly. And let's not forget that Ichigo tried to run away as well. lol.
Also, Ichigo and Orihime spend very little time around each other. She's never been in his room, compared to Rukia and Tatsuki who have. When Rukia was takin away to SS, Ichigo was surprised that Hime remembered Rukia and even more surprised that she wanted to go with him to SS to bring Rukia back, even though Hime only wanted to go to SS to protect Ichigo. They still don't interact as much in school either. I'm just not seeing their love at all for each other.
And yes, Chapter 237 was kinda weird. I did like the speech part because I'll admit that I'm a romantic at heart (but I hate the mushy-mushy kind, please do that in private and give me some details later ) But if I found out someone was in my room and attempted to kiss me, I would flip out. Trust me, if something like that really would have happened, I probably would have shot the sucker who came breaking into my home. And it was quite cowardly of her, IMO, to confess her feelings to Ichigo while he was asleep and out of it, plus the fact of her being invisible.

So sorry for the long post. I'm shutting up now.