View Single Post
Old 2012-11-19, 21:22   Link #33
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
So many good ones, hard to pick:

I really like the Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Opening. It's so lighthearted and fun.

Happy Happy Girl is similarly uplifting. Opening for Papa no Iukoto o Kikinasai!

The Opening for Mysterious Girlfriend X was also pretty good. Rarely do you see such a "chastely sensual" style anymore, perfectly fit the mood of the anime. I'll never see lemons the same way again.

The Opening for JoJo's Bizarre Adventure also perfectly fits the anime. It's old school. You never hear anything so manly any more. (Almost as manly as the nostalgic throwback down at the bottom).

Both the opening and ending for Kamisama Hajimemashita are hauntingly beautiful. I think I tend to prefer the opening because of the lyrics, but the ending is also good.

If I were to pick on artistry I'd pick Mysterious Girlfriend X, or maybe Jojo. For pure beauty of the song I'd have to go with either the opening or ending of Kamisama Hajimemashita.

But the best opening and ending of the year has to be the Opening from Kill Me Baby. If only the show had been half as awesome as the opening. You know an opening is good when you realize around episode 6 that you don't really enjoy the show and you're just watching it for the opening. The ending was only half as cool as the opening, but still funnier than the show.

Spoiler for Oh the nostalgia:

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote