View Single Post
Old 2007-01-08, 06:44   Link #134
GhOsTeDgE

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
Why would he even need to make excuses for her? He's trying to explain it from her pov which makes sense because thats what the character perceives. I mean, it would be kinda idiotic to criticise a character for falling in love with her arch-enemy if she doesn't know its her arch-enemy and has no clue at all wouldn't it?
Ok my, "And yes I can criticize her since I am doing so from a viewer's POV," comment came out the wrong way since it wasn't even a response to anything.

If you look at my first comment,

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhOsTeDgE View Post
My problem with your problem is that you're not looking at the consequences.

So she doesn't know that he's Zero now, but what happens if she finds out?
She looked to him for comfort only to find out that he was the source of her grief to begin with. Some comforting that is.

If she doesn't find out, they both live "happily" ever after. Lulu lives with the guilt forever while Shirley lives her life on a lie. Some happiness that is.

Nothing will come out of this pairing other than lies and sorrow.
I am in no way criticizing Shirley, I am assessing the story.

My, "All you are doing is making excuses for her," comment was a reply to him completely ignoring the whole point in my above comment and apparently mistaking said statement for me criticizing Shirley.

*EDIT* Or perhaps I am missing something, since you also seem to have taken my comment as criticizing of Shirley.

Last edited by GhOsTeDgE; 2007-01-08 at 06:56.
GhOsTeDgE is offline   Reply With Quote