Thread: No More Heroes
View Single Post
Old 2010-04-10, 08:25   Link #16
Sides

It is like an action-adventure/hack and slash game, with an american otaku nerd as main protagonist, he is more like a western style otaku, rather than the japanese definition of one. Storywise shouldn't be taken too seriously, but the story get interesting, especially the revelation of some characters and their relationship with travis.
The Wii version had some issues like traveling thought of santa destroy to the missions, which is fun at first, but get sometimes annoying, mainly because it is quite empty. Realistically the HD port should have higher framerate and higher res, i'm not sure if there is any additional game content, except for new clothing, in the ps3 or 360 version, but it is a port by feelplus, so if there is new stuff, story wise, it isn't coming from suda goichi. One fact is known, they have replaced the original voices with japanese one, which i feel kind of moves away of grasshoppers and suda's vision of the game. I don't know if the original vocals are still present with the HD ports.
As for oversea release of the HD port, non confirmed yet, apparently Ubisoft don't have plans for a NA release, and haven't heard any news from rising star games either (european publisher).

No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle, was release back in january the NA and will be released in may in europe, no news about japan. In one of suda's interview he stated that NMH2 basically ends travis' story and that NHM3 will feature someone new.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote